GSW Women Start-Up Hackathon
- Winners of GSW Women Start-Up Hackathon: Chrystelle Chinon-Armet, Samantha Pastour, Estelle Auberix, and Maude Antoine — with supporters from Ecole 42 and organizer Clarisse Reille (far right), President of Grandes Ecoles au Feminin.
The GSW Women Start Up Hackathon took place in cooperation with Grandes Ecoles au Feminin (GEF) and the new digital school “Ecole 42” as a contest to promote women’s entrepreneurship.
All female students of Ecole 42 were eligible to compete by introducing a start-up idea in any field. The aim: to build a team and develop the project in the span of 2 days and 2 nights.
The Hackathon started when the Global Summit of Women opened in Paris on June 5th :
– 40 women were present with an idea, a project they wanted to develop
– 100 other male and female students — designers, marketers, programmers, finance or commercial specialists — were present to join the teams.
The morning of June 5 began with pitches from 40 women. 13 of the 40 projects were selected to compete. Following two days of intense activity and project development, a jury started to evaluate the 13 projects and the winners were announced during the closing ceremony of the 2014 Global Summit of Women.
Congratulations to the winners of the GSW Women Start-Up Hackathon:
Top 2 Winners (6 months free in an incubator):
1) Iterfacio led by Estelle Auberix –
” Cross platform application enabling tourists to create, personalize and/or share their own city tours based on public transportation”
2) Repart’out led by Samantha Pastour –
“1st truck with repairmen to fix your electronic devices and small appliances”
Third Prize (3 months free in an incubator)
OrgaSwing led by Christelle CHINON-ARMET –
“Manage daily tasks with one click. Save time and focus on the true value of your life : your dreams”
Fourth Prize : free entrepreneurship course at ESSEC
WeAreTheModels led by Maude ANTOINE –
- ” WeAreTheModels is a fashion marketplace that matches people by style and bodyshape”